27 June 2013

Throwback Thursday IV

Hello to all of you out there :)

It is Thursday again which means it is time to reconnect with mini me and see what I got up to when I was little.


So I guess all of us have some scars somewhere on their body which they got when they were little. Now I have quite a view and a lot of stories that come with them, most of which are pretty entertaining. 


That one time my mum took us with her to visit a friend and we ended up playing with their kids. 
Next to the house was this steep hill that they had built a road on that somehow cars weren't allowed to use. So we thought it would be a really good idea to take our bikes and ride them down the hill.
Now I was scared of going down hills on a bike and that caused me to go quite slow and always use the brakes. Also my bike wasn't the best one which meant I wouldn't have been able to go as fast as the others even if I wanted to.
We went down that hill over and over again till one of the others decided that I definitely had to try it on a different bike. 
I should probably mention that mini me was only 6 years old at that point, so I was easily convinced that I was totally missing out on something. So I went up that hill with a bike from one of the boys (another thing to mention is that my bike had that thing where it would brake if you backpedaled).
If you went down that hill you had to brake pretty hard at the end since the street made a sharp turn to the right and if you missed that you would end up driving straight into a kerb that was about 10 cm high.
Mini me finally made it up the hill end raced down with this incredibly fast bike that only had brakes at the front which I did not know...
I guess you can all see where this is going and yes I did not make it around that corner and rode my bike directly towards that kerb. 

I tried braking but backpedaling did not do anything so I kinda went head over heels over that kerb and used my face as a brake. I can tell you that was not a good idea :D

Almost the whole side of my left face was skinned and you can imagine that with scab it looked even worse.
The worst part of this whole thing though was that it was my first day at school 2 days later. So epic fail on that note :D


Please bare in mind that these pictures are 16 years old and back then we didn't have digital cameras so these are scanned version of the originals therefore they are very oldschool :D 
So this is how I looked on my first day of school with my ruined face. I was trying to hide it but my dad got me anyways :)






I'm very fortunate since the scars faded away after a good 5 years. 
Today you can't see them anymore although I have a new one on the right side of my face. I'm a bit of a dork and apparently therefore am not able to walk straight which caused me to fall with a baking dish made of glass in my hands.
Yeah I cut my face :D


What did you guys do when you were younger? Are your scars still visable or have you been as fortunate as me and they faded?
Let me know :)

x
J.



A quick note to yesterdays blog entry:

A friend reminded me that the best dressed man is Chuck Bass. For all of you that don't know who that is: Go watch Gossip Girl :D
Although I have to say that he pulled of some quite ridiculous outfits in the first 2 seasons :D After that I would have to agree with my friend and say he wears some pretty fashionable suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment