13 June 2013

Throwback Thursday II

Hello to all of you out there :)
I hope that wherever you are the weather has been as amazing as it was here and still is.
Today we are going abck in time again to see what little me got up to.

There is this book for kids called 'Goldilocks and the three bears' I don't know if all of you know what it's about so here is a link that will forward you to the story if your interested in  reading it :)
In thzis story there is 3 bears: Daddy bear, Mummy bear and Baby bear.
I didn't realise it until I got to New Zealand and heard this story again that us calling my dad daddy bear is a result of us reading that book when we were little.
I was an AuPair for my time in new Zealand and looked after a really cute 3 year old he was amazing and he absolutely loved stories. Whenever I would take him to bed I would have to read Goldilocks because it was his most favourite book ever. And at one point he figured out thta his family was just like that. Him, his mum and his dad so he started calling himself baby bear and so on. That went on for quite some time until he realised that there was no person like me in that story but he still saw me as a part of his family and I had to belong to the group of bears. That was when he started calling me Jana bear which was the cutest thing ever. It just made me feel like a real part of the family.
We even made t-shirts that say that :)




I found it really interesting that kids just kinda get the same ideas. My little cutie did the exact same thing that me and my sister had done almost 19 years before him.
I never really knew the reason why we called my dad daddy bear until that moment. I had completely forgotten about the story and that we ever read it till then. 
Whenever I read it to my 3 year old I would always think that the story was kinda familiar but it took me a while to put it together :)

Do you have names for your parents that you gave them when you were a child?

Haver a lovely evening and night everyone :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment