21 June 2013

Food Friday - Enchilada

Hello lovely people out there!

I hope all of you in Germany survived the end of the world yesterday, cause whoever thought the world would end on the 21 Dezember has clrealy not seen what was going on here in Augsburg yesterday.
I just wanna show you 2 pictures so you can compare the view from my window on a normal day and yesterday.



 so on the left side is the end of the world. There was a storm and the street liturally looked like a river. The cars on the street stopped because there were branches getting ripped of the trees by the wind and the thunderstorm and hail made it a bit scary but we were inside so it was kinda fine :D




It all lasted for about half an hour and then the sun came out to play again :)

I'm done with the quick update now and we can move on to what this is really about:
FOOOOOOOD lol

I went out for dinner with a good friend last night to a place called Enchilada, they serve mexican food and also have quite a wide range of cocktails.
Now they don't just have one restaurant in Augsburg there is actually a lot of them all over Germany (click to find out if there is one round the corner from you).


It is a really lovely place and they have decorated it quite nicely with brick walls and really warm lighting. Walking in, you can almost feel the mexican heat and if you go at night it looks a bit like they have little torches on the wall instead of lamps. They have manage to give it a bit of a rustic look which I genuinely like.


And the food is really amazing. We ordered salad and some tortilla chips with different souces. The salad didn't come in a bowl or on a plate as you would expect it to but in some sort of flaky pastry bowl. It looked really good and they even served some extra dressing  which is great because I love drowning my salad in dressing :) And you can not only eat the salad but also the flaky pastry which was a bit oily but nonetheless very tasty.

 


And it all tasted even better then it looked the only thing I don't reccomend doing is eating the chilli they serve with everything. I did that once and lets just say I'll most certainly never do it again :D

So if you live in Augsburg or somewhere close to an Enchilada branch I highly recommend a visit. Their food is delicious and there is so much to choose from it took us a really long time to figure out what we wanted :)

that's a picture my friend took and since he had just gotten a new phone he also had to edit it :)


Have a good night everyone and I shall 'see' you tomorrow :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment