29 June 2013

Movie Review - World War Z

Since I said I would do a movie review I'm going to upload 2 blog entries today because I didn't want to fit them into one entry. 

I went to the movies last night for a late night screening of Wolrd War Z at 11pm. I don't usually go to the movies that late but since it was Saturday today and my friends couldn't do an earlier one we chose to go this late. 
Now I have to say I didn't really watch any trailers beforehand and the only real thing I knew was that it was about zombies and Brad Pitt was playing the main character. This normally wouldn't be enough for me to go see a movie but I hadn't been to the cinema in a while so I thougth I would give it a try. 
Since it is a 3D movie it was quite expensive and I don't really like 3D movies. I would much rather watch them in HD but they simply didn't show World War Z in 2D so we had to go see it in 3D.
I'm mentioning this now because I believe that the movie didn't gain anything by being in 3D. I genuinely believe it would have been better in 2D but that might just be me. 

I'm gonna tell you my thoughts on it and show you the trailer afterwards. Maybe let me know in the comments if that is a good way to do it or not.

I enjoyed the beginning of the movie because it didn't just throw you into the story but actually gave you some time to get to know the main characters which made it a lot easier to sympathize with them throughout the movie. 
From there on out it hit off quite quickly but not in a way that made you feel like you were missing out on some important information and the breakout of the 'zombieness' was shown in a way that I can totally see happening in that way (if zombies would actually exist :D)

The movie didn't lack showing human interaction in a time of crisis and what an extreme situation like that can do to people.
For most of the scenes it was a bit predictable with the usual scene where they walk past a dark alley and a zombie jumps out.
Now I'm not that easily scared but I nearly punched my friend in the face one time because although I knew the zombie was gonna come out of that alley I still jumped. So it's predictable but they managed to do it in a way where you know what is going to happen but it doens't quite happen the way you expected it to. 
So although the outcome might be the same it keeps it interesting. 
And I have to say it was thrilling from the moment the zombie virus, or whatever it was, broke out to the moment they had found a way to survive. And there was a lot of lip biting involved on our parts.

And for all of us German people you will get to witness Moritz Bleibtreu in action and I know I might be spoiling here but he survives :D

Althoug I enjoyed watching it I wouldn't necessarily call it a good movie in a way that  Million Dollar Baby or Dead Poets Society were but it was one of the view zombie movies I actually liked.
It's good fun and has a good plot. And if you like zombie movies I would recommend you go and watch it. If you are not a fan of 3D and they show it in 2D at your cinema chose the 2D version though. 

So here is the trailer :




Enjoy your Sunday everyone :)

x
J.





No comments:

Post a Comment