20 June 2013

Throwback Thursday III



Hello to all the lovely people out there. How are you?

Who of you used to play with Barbie dolls when they were little?
Well I did quite a lot I even used to collect them with a friend and we tried to get as many tings as we could. But one thing we never managed to get was a Ken  so we didn’t really have a male part for all of the stories we  wanted our Barbie dolls to take part in. I mean how do you pretend that the Barbie has a baby and she is married if you don’t have a Ken? In our desperate need for a Ken we decided that it would be best if we just cut of the hair of one of our Barbie dolls and dress her in male clothes. It worked quite well if you looked past them still having boobs :D
One time we even tried cutting the boobs off because with them it just wasn’t realistic enough for us. It’s fair to say that that ended in a complete disaster but we had to try lol

Then finally one day my grandma decided that we should be rewarded for being so creative and bought me a Ken. That was the happiest day of my life I felt like I had been given the key to paradise. My life was complete. I’m still surprised by how excited mini me got about this Ken doll :)
Well anyways it didn’t live that long, sadly. 

My dad is our schools drama teacher and we have our own registered society. Both our society and the schools drama club perform one play every year. Growing up I was a part of both of them and since I was 6 I spend a lot of time in theaters and on stage which was a really cool experience for me and I still love it. Although I don’t actually have time to be on stage anymore I’m still very fond of going to the theater.
So for one of our plays my dad made a little video that would play in the background and he therefore needed a Barbie without a head. As you  all my know  ( at least those of you who used to play with them) you can rip a Barbie dolls head off very easily and put it back on as you please. So that is what my dad did which was fine until he decided that it would be even more fun if it were actually a Ken in that video.  What he didn’t know was that you can’t do to a Ken what you can do to a Barbie. So this resulted in my dad killing my precious Ken.

I can say the world ended for me that day and mini me was devastated. And I probably didn’t speak to my dad for about a week,  I was so traumatized :D

What I want to know is: Did anyone else cut their Barbie dolls hair of to make them look like a Ken because they had none?

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment