28 June 2013

Food Friday - Meyerbeer Coffee


Since we don't have a Starbucks here in Augsburg and driving down to Munich every day to get my dose of coffee just isn't an option, I'm always looking for alternatives.
I have tried quite a view places in and around Augsburg and Meyerbeer Coffee seems to be the one I keep coming back to. 



As you can see they serve quite a lot of different sorts of coffee and I would have to say that they are almost like the ones you can get at Starbucks. You can also get most of those coffes frozen much like the frappuccinos at Starbucks. 

Since I don't really like the taste of coffee itself but as a student still need the caffeine I like to go for the white chocolate mocha which technically is a white hot chocolate with a shot of espresso. It is quite sweet and doesn't really taste like coffee but that's what I love about it :) And it tastes amazing cold. 
They also serve quite a wide range of smoothies and teas.




And just like in Starbucks you can get muffins and cake although I have to say they are not cheap (2,40€ for a muffin). I havn't tried any of their cakes yet cause I just love my muffins with chocolate or raspberry-yogurt but I went with a friend the other day and she had some lemon cake that apparently was very tasty.
They also have some snacks such as bagels or sandwiches.

Meyerbeer Coffee

I took my coffee to go today so I could finish my drawing and maybe study a bit :D

They have very comfy armchairs with floral fabric and chandeliers which makes you feel like you are in some sort of royal tearoom. Also I do love the wallpaper very much and it goes well with the furniture they used.
What I like a lot about this place is that it doesn't get as noisy as it does in Starbucks. It's a really cute little café.



You can even sit outside which would be lovely on a warm day since they even have armchairs outside but Meyerbeer Coffee is a bit badly situatied because it is right next to the train station. 
There is cars going past and cabs picking up and dropping off people. That's the only disadvantage I can think of that this lovely little place has.


So if you, like me, have been looking for an alternative to Starbucks this is the place to go :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone and I shall 'see' all of you tomorrow :) Maybe with a little movie review :)

x
J.







No comments:

Post a Comment