10 April 2014

So that's how it is?

Hi everyone :)

there are a view videos of that sort to be found on YouTube but I am just going to show you three as these are the ones that I find quite interesting to watch.

One is from a Australien YouTuber and the other one is from a famous German professional football player and the last is from a British high diver.
You don't have to watch all three one is really enough for me to get my point across but if you do ahve the times, please watch all three :)

Troye Sivan:



Thomas Hitzlsberger:



Tom Daley:


Firstly: Yes I do know that there are coming out videos from women aswell but I tend to find that people seem to care less about women being gay then they do about men. 

But that is not what this is about. 
I want to tell these people how proud they can be of themselves and how brave they were for doing this even if in my opinion they shouldn't have to do this in the first place.

It is hard enough to admit being gay to yourself and then tell your parents just because it still is something frowned upon in our society.
But how is it okay to make someone feel bad about themselves for loving who they love? 
That shouldn't be a thing. It's the same as someone telling you it is not okay to have green hair. It is none of that other persons business in the first place and secondly who are they to judge?

Why do people still find it important to know what a person qualifies as? Why is someones sexuality such a big deal to us? 
Why do we feel the need to explain ourselves through a YouTube video? Why can it not just be okay who we love and that's that.

I even find the need for these labels: gay, bisexual, straight, transexual completely unnecessary. Who made these and at the same time decided that heterosexual or straight was the norm?
Whoever that person was: You are an IDIOT. Yes in capital letters.
You made countless amounts of people feel uneasy about themselves because they don't fit a so called norm.
Who says being gay is abnormal, why do we even care if it is or if it isn't?
For me being gay is as normal as being straight is, it just doesn't make a difference. And it certainly doesn't change a person.
So even though these 3 men are incredibly brave do have come out online and in such a big way, I don't think they should have to. 

However since our society sadly still works this way, they have set a great example for young people. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Don't be afraid to be 'different' (even though I hate saying that, because really you aren't).
You can make it work and if people don't want to be friends with you anymore because of who you love screw them, they were idiots anyway!
Now you might say: Wow that is easy for you to say, you have no idea!
Well actually I do, my mum has a girlfriend and I grew up with thinking that was normal, I still believe it is, but people kept telling me it wasn't 'normal'. Once I got older and was able to understand what that meant for my mum or what being gay even was finally able to grasp what people had been on about.
That never stopped me from believing that it doesn't matter who you love, or shouldn't matter at least.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment