13 April 2014

Poetry Slam

Hi everyone :)

There is this thing called poetry slams that I absolutely love. I try to go whenever I can since there are always so many amazingly talented people taking part. And I find it quite interesting to see what people can come up with if given a certain topic and a weeks time or something. 
And since I do enjoy writing a little poem here and there as well it is always inspiring to go to these things.

Lately there haven’t been that many round so I turned to YouTube instead, I mean you can pretty much find everything on there, so why not give poetry slams a try?
And I found more that I wanted, some were utter s***, excuse my language, but there were also quite  view who blew me away.
One in particular, it is from a group of girls and recorded on a contest I think and it is more than brilliant.
It has everything in it that I love about poetry slams, a great performance, a bit of acting and a astonishingly well written script. 
I might even be a bit in love with them and what they came up with.
It is a mixture between how society sees women and how they see themselves. I guess you could very well call it feminist but in a complimentary way.

You just have to watch it really and probably go to the next poetry slam you can go to. They are a lot of fun I promise!


It’s great right? They are so right about everything as well. It’s not JUST a great piece of poetry!

x
J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment