14 November 2013

Throwback Thursday - Birthdays

Hi everyone :)

It is my birthday in 2 days and I am really excited. Quite a view people that mean a lot to me are coming to Augsburg and I am just really really looking forward to that. 
Even though I won't be seeing my family. But they will call I am sure of it. I actually can't wait to see how many people forget my birthday again. Last year only 2 of my friends called and the rest just forgot. Well apart from my flatmates that baked me a cake that then burned in the oven so they had to redo it :D 

Birthdays have always been special when I was little because my mum would usually make kind off a big deal of it. On our birthday, after we got up we would have breakfast together and obviously cake and our whole kitchen would be decorated with garlands, balloons and confetti. And of course lots of candles. 
Until I was about 10 we had our candles on a birthday tree. I know that probably none of you have any idea what that is so  here you go:


That is the 'tree' and the birthday cake my mum made every year. It tasted of sweet woodruff and we loved that cake. I think I asked for it every year until I moved out and she couldn't make me a cake anymore :)
And we always had dinner with my aunts, uncles, grandma and cousins on our birthdays. My mum cooked the craziest things :D She always used those dinners to try new recipes, which wasn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong my mum is a great cook but it got a bit freaky from time to time :)

Did you have birthday traditions when you were younger?
I would love to know :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment