2 August 2013

Food Friday - newsBAR (Munich)

Hello everyone :)

It is friday and you know what that means : it is time to talk about FOOD, yeah!!!
Friday might just become the best day of the week because I get to relive all the great things I have eaten.

So lets get right to it :)
Today I had to get up super early to get the train to Munich where I met up with my cousin for breakfast. 
A artisan is coming round her place today but she is not at home, since she has already made plans with friends, before she knew he would be coming. So I offered to come by and make sure everything gets done, because I have nothing else to do, being on my semester break and all. 
We decided that it would be good to meet up a little beforehand and just catch up during breakfast. 

We had planned to go to a place we had been before because according to her they did a lot of different breakfasty things. Sadly when we got there they were not open yet :) Yes that is what happens to me and my cousin most of the time, we share the same kind of luck with situations like that. 
But just around the corner was another little restaurant that looked really cute so we decided to give it a try. And I mean what restaurant that does breakfast is not open at 9.30 am? 
To be fair I wouldn't normally go to breakfast around that time of the day so I actually don't know when restaurants open :D

Long story short we ended up at a restaurant/bar thing called newsBAR.



It is situated on the streets corner of Amalienstraße and Schellingstraße, pretty close to the university . Both streets are not that busy so sitting outside was quite nice and at the beginning we even managed not to sit in full sunlight. Didn't last very long though and pretty soon we were sizzling in the sun like sausages in a pan. 
newsBAR has a very modern decoration and looks very welcoming with it's orange walls and the warm lighting. I also really like the chairs they had they looked a bit rustic.




As we both hadn't eaten yet and were quite hungry, we probably got a little to much food, looking back at it :) 
And even now (almost 4 hours later) I still feel sleepy cause I'm so full haha. Mhm it might also be due to the fact that I only slept 3 hours last night. I'll blame it on being full though :D

On our way there we fantasized about our healthy breakfast with fruit, yoghurt and muesli but as soon as we got the menu, all those great plans were tossed overboard. 





My cousin ended up ordering a fruit salad and some pancakes with honey and cinnamon. I got some fruit salad as well, but mine came with yoghurt and roasted nuts, I then also ordered some pancakes with forest fruits. 



After we had ordered that, we made the mistake to go through the whole menu just to see if New Bar would be worth coming back to, maybe for lunch next time. 
So as we are doing that we come across the dessert section and as you know by now I love dessert and any chance I can have some I will. It's out of question that we had to order the french chocolate cake with a melting heart. 



don't exactly know why but she had to get her head in there :D


Yes the amount of food we had did not match our hunger :D We still ate all of it though because it was just that good.

At New Bar the waiters really take the time to help you out. We did have some questions which they were more then happy to answer. I felt like we were taken care of very well and they do work very quick and efficiently. 

So if you are looking for a cute little place to go to for breakfast, in Munich, I can highly recommend New Bar.
They did look a little confused though when my cousin started to get artistic with her coffee. 



that's what her coffee looked like when we got it

And this is what she decided to do with it:
see what she did there? :D



x
J.





No comments:

Post a Comment