18 August 2013

A Tribute to ABBA

Hello everyone!



I'm still high on adrenalin I guess but I have to write this post now before I forget everything :)

I went to a concert tonight with my dad. It was his birthday present to me since I absolutely love ABBA.
I was posting pictures on Instagram like a crazy person and if you follow me I'm really sorry for spamming you :)

I was excited for this concert the whole week and couldn't contain my dither in any way. My dad had a great time making fun of me but that didn't stop me.
So when we got there I couldn't wait for it to get started.

The band who covered the ABBA songs are called Waterloo and omg they were amazing.


It was an open air thing. Makes sense: It's summer and it was pretty hot today.
We had to wait for a bit because someone had to make sure not to come to late and ended up being there way to early.















And from that point on I didn't take any more pictures because I simply forgot about it.
The played every song from Mamma Mia and loads of other very well known songs.
At one point they asked people to put there fingers in the air and do the fingers dance and it looked so cool. If you wanna see a clip of that head over to my Instagram, the link is at the tip of the page :)

The crowd at this concert was so energetic, literally everyone sang along and was clapping and dancing around. It was so cool.
If you can get enthusiastic about ABBA this is the concert to go to.
I could turn around at any random point during the concert and there would be a sea of clapping hands behind me.
When they performed 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' the whole audience sang the chorus and actually made the band stop singing at all. Everyone stood up and was clapping and singing it was an incredible energy and an amazing feeling.


Their performance of 'I have a dream' gave me the chills. And 'Thank you for the music' was performed with so much power and emotion I was blown away by it. It was the perfect song to end the show with which they did :)

I loved this concert so much that I will definitely go see them again when they are performing around Augsburg again.
They have their tour dates on their website just in case I sticked you with the ABBA fever.

x
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment