30 August 2013

Food Friday - Capitol

Hi everyone :)

So I once again went to a really cool restaurant.
This one is a bit different from the others because even reading the menu is an experience on it's own.



Before they turned it into a restaurant Capitol actually was a movie theater and they have kept that side of it as much as they could. 
They have these old ish looking lights and their colour scheme is similar to one you would expect to find in a cinema. They have red chairs that could almost be called armchairs and you really feel like you are sitting in a cinema.







On their walls they hung framed pictures from well known old black and white movies.






But since it was a beautiful day we sat outside. 
The menu at Capitol is very interesting to read. They have named all their foods after films and the titles have even written the release date next to them. So it is not only about choosing what you eat but you also get to remember all these great films. 
They have meals with names like: 'Alice in Wonderland' which is a breakfast or a 'Pretty Woman Burger', a 'Romeo and Juliet salad' or a 'Jurassic Park Steak'.
My dad, whom I took there, was actually quite surprised by most of the release dates because he didn't expect certain films to be that old. 
And the little geeks that we are, we turned it into a little game after we had chosen what we wanted to eat. One would name a film form the menu and the other had to guess the release date.
I lost by the way :D



I settled for a 'Pirates of the Caribbean Burger' and my dad, who clearly wasn't as inspired by the menu as I was, got a pretty boring sausage salad.
It still looked incredibly good though :)



I had to snap this picture really quick because my dad could hardly contain himself. You can see how he is holding back his hands just waiting for me to be done so he could get stuck in. I was worried I had to hit his hands in order to get my picture before it was all gone :)


Yes this was my amazing burger, doesn't it look great? It was a chicken, pineapple, cheese, tomato salady kind of burger with a delicious curry sauce. I had expected it to come with a bit of salad as a side but it also came with little potato cubes which were basically like chips but nonetheless really good. 
I really wish that you could all just reach into the screen and grab that burger to eat, because that is how good it was. And I was so full after I had eaten all of it :)

All in all Capitol is a really great restaurant with an overall eating experience that is a little different which I thoroughly enjoyed. It is most definitely a place I will be coming back to.

x
J.




No comments:

Post a Comment