9 July 2013

Thank You - This is what I do it for

Hello you guys :)

A couple of days ago a dear friend of mine who reads my blog told me why she reads it and what she said literally made my day.
I mostly write this blog for my own enjoyment and simply because I love to create something but it is very nice to here that people actually read it now and then.

For me sharing these things with all of you is in some way very intimate but at the same time it's not because I'll probably never meet most of you. And after all all I really do is give you a little sneak peek into what's going on in my head. I share some of the thoughts that float around in there with the world hoping that someone will read them and maybe even take something away from it.

I started this blog as a platform for myself where I could get some of the things that I think about out in the open. So for me it is really great to see how many people actually read my entries and that all the work I put into this blog isn't for nothing.
And reading comments that people write is always very exciting for me.

Hearing her say that she liked what I did with my blog and that writing about how I see things inspired her to think about her point of view on life was something I thought I would never hear.
Because it is something I never thought I could achieve with this blog, of course I wanted to but I didn't think it would actually happen.
I mean on here I tell you how life feels and tastes for me and what I think about certain things and I guess I couldn't believe that with doing so I would be able to touch someone.
And the feeling that I got after she told me that was amazing. It's just one person but for me it makes such a big differences.
As i Started this blog I thought to myself: If you only get one person to read this you will keep doing it until no one reads anymore. Just getting what I have to say across to one person was always enough for me.
Because one person can make all the difference. If they read it and like it and only tell one friend about it it will become well known in no time but even if it doesn't you might have changed something for that one person.

My darling friend is someone I truly treasure and am very lucky to have in my life. And hearing from her that she thought telling people how you see things can really have an impact on their life was very moving.
So since I know you are reading this and I feel like I don't say this enough: I really do love you and am very grateful for being  able to call you my friend.... And you know who you are :)

So whether you are able to learn something from my entires or get inspired by them or just plain enjoy reading them I want to Thank you for reading :)

THANK YOU!!!

And speaking of getting inspired:


This is a hashtag going on Twitter where you write on you arm what your power is and post it on Twitter. It was launched by a charity called Vinspired that provides young people with opportunities to do good things through volunteering and social action. They do a lot of amazing things through social media and their charity work.
So if you want to get involved and have a Twitter account this is what you do:
- write on your hand what you can see on my arm but put in your power after the hashtag
- take a picture of it
- tweet: #MyPowerIs .... (put your power in) @vinspired and attach your picture
- and it would be really cool if you could also add @jamlena to your tweet so I can see who came from this blog :)


Have a lovely evening :)

x
J.





No comments:

Post a Comment