2 July 2013

Duct Tape Surfing - Follow your dreams


Hello to all of you out there reading this :) I hope you have had a lovely day and if you live anywhere close to Augsburg you have hopefully been spending the day outside since the weather was amazing :)

And again I have a little clip for you to watch:


Watching this I got me thinking about dreams and how we have them but don't really follow them.
I mean why is that?
We (here in Europe) have so many opportunities we can literally do whatever we want but we barely do it.
I guess that's because we are scared of how it might turn out and we just feel to save with the life we have. We barely take risks.
I barely take risks. Which is kind of sad because there is a whole world out that just waits for us to explore it. All those different options that we have, we just need to take a leap of faith and go for it. How are we ever going to find out if our dream was doomed to fail if we don't even try?
I took a small risk by deciding to change my subject at university because what I'm currently doing just doesn't make me happy. And this new thing is not as save as what I am doing now but I honestly don't care because I have to go with what feels right for me. And this did not only feel right but instantly made me feel a lot better about myself. I still have this funny feeling about it but I ignore it most of the time because not matter what I'm gonna change subjects. It has to be done :)

So why don't we do this with things that we dream about? Take a little risk to get so much more out of it?
And we give up on our dreams so fast! I mean look at this women: she literally had her dream crushed but she wouldn't give up. There was no way she would let it go, ok she had to compromise a bit because she wasn't able to do it on her own, but who cares? She went for a surf with her sons that is all that counts.
She didn't give up and kept dreaming big and in the end she achieved it she managed to live her dream.
And I think that is really inspiring.
We should hold on to our dreams and never give up believing in them.
No one can crush our dreams but us and as long as we hold on to it it's not over.

I still believe that one day I can actually have a job that I enjoy doing. I might not know what that is yet but I'm convinced that if I keep doing what I love and what makes me happy I will end up exactly there.
and i know this sounds cheesy but following our dreams and doing what we love is the only way to really live life to the fullest.
There is this saying that most people only exist and don't actually live their life and I for one don't want to be one of those people.

So I'm gonna keep doing what I love even if other people think I have completely lost my mind but I do believe that as long as you love what you do you will be great at it and that always pays off.

So dream big everyone and don't let anyone tell you that it won't work out.
If you work hard you can achieve almost everything.

x
J.







No comments:

Post a Comment