13 July 2013

Mum's are the best

Hello you guys :)
Have you had a good weekend so far? I certainly hope so since mine has been pretty awesome so far.

My mum came to Augsburg, for some work stuff she has to do here, on Thursday and will stay till tomorrow evening.

She was busy all Thursday but came to pick me up from work in the evening. Now I haven't seen my mum for almost 2 months, since taking the train home is pretty expensive so as you can imagine I was really excited for her to come visit me. 

And there is 3 really great things about my mum coming to visit:


1. She always brings me a little prezzie and also she always brings some sort of cake that my nana made. This time she brought me marshmallows which I'm a huge fan of. But they weren't just marshmallows no they were massive. 

My mum actually always spends quite some time to think about what she could bring me and last time I was home I burned my lip whilst trying to eat a grilled marshmallow (you can read the whole story here) because they were really small and the fork we used to grill them was very hot :D 
So my mum bought me bigger ones so I could grill them safely next time, she is the best. And to show you just how big they are compared to normal ones I put them next to a lemon.



And yes they are bigger then the lemon and I can honestly say that it is not possible to eat more then one :D


So thank you mum I love what you got me :)


2. Whenever my mum is here we always eat very well. On Thursday night we made some salad with salmon and a yogurt dressing and last night we went out for dinner as I have already told you in my previous post. And we don't only go out for dinner we also go out for lunch simply because we both really enjoy food. 

The other great thing is that I don't have to pay for anything we eat. She always insists on paying her argument being that I let her sleep at my place so she saves money on a hotel room that she can then spend on going out for dinner :D I mean who would reason with that, right? You are not gonna hear complaints about this from me mum :)

3. We go shopping and she just randomly decides that I need new clothes that she has to pay for. Now this always happens and don't get me wrong I'm not saying I don't like it. I mean how out of my mind would I have to be to ever say that ? haha 

It just happened again today. She was a little cold because it wasn't as warm as we had expected it to be. So we went into a shop to buy her a cardigan since we were both to lazy to go back to my place and get one :) 
We ended up buying way more then 'just' a cardigan and I did not pay for a single thing... well I only got a dark green jumper but I didn't really need anything. And we might go and do some more shopping later on actually because we have a summer sale on at the moment.



Yes all of the things above are great but they are not actually the reason I love my mum. 

I love my mum because I feel like she has really showed me how to get through life. I feel confident that I can handle what comes my way because she thought me. 
She has been there for me every step of the way and will continue to do so even if I think I don't need her anymore.
My mum has provided me with so many amazing opportunities in life like going to New Zealand for a year. Spending 3 weeks in Yorkshire when I was 14 to improve my English just because I wanted to do so. Paying for my flat I live in since I'm not able to do so alone as a student and a lot of other things like travels and stuff. 
Now I don't take these things for granted but I just feel like I don't tell her that often enough. 
I know that whatever I do my mum will be there on the sideline cheering for me which is something I am more then grateful for. 
She is a truly amazing person and a great role model. I learned from her that you have to make yourself happy before you can even think about making others happy. 
When I was younger I always thought my mum didn't like the person I was because she used to criticise me a lot but I came to realise that she tried to prevent me from making the same mistakes she did. 
Mum I love you for trying but I got my pighead from you so what makes you think I would ever listen? :) 
And I have to make my own mistakes and I know that it might be hard to watch me hurt because I made the same stupid mistake. 
I feel so connected to my mum and we are so much alike much unlike my sister. Sometimes I think they switched her at birth:D
She has said some things to our mum that probably hurt me more then my mum because I just couldn't understand how my sister could say that to such an amazing person like our mum. And because I'm very sensible about things like that, sometimes a little too much I guess.

I truly love my mum and wouldn't wanna change a thing about my upbringing. I'm pretty sure she did a great job with me. With both me and my sister actually. 

And if I manage to raise my kids they way she and teach them as much as she did me I will be more then happy. 

So I love you mum!!! Thanks for being awesome and inspiring.


And if you haven't told your mum that you love her today: Do so it will be very much appreciated :)


x

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment