22 January 2014

National Hug Day

Hi everyone :)

Did you know that it was 'National Hug Day' yesterday? No? Well neither did I till I heard it on the radio, so not to worry I am here to keep you updated.

I didn't even know that 'National Hug Day' was a thing, apparently it is which got me thinking, when was the last time I hugged someone just because I wanted to.
Not the sometimes awkward welcome or goodbye hug but a real one. Just going up to a good friend and giving them a hug.

Or another thing: When was the last time you asked someone for a hug? I am sure I can't be the only person who get's these days where you just feel like you need a hug because it has been s*** so far.
But we don't seem to just call a friend and ask for it, no instead we are miserable on our own.
In the radio show I was listening to yesterday they said that people in Germany mostly get hugs from family members. You don't have them around most of the time, well at least not as a student who lives quite a bit away from his parents or other relatives.

Is it strange to ask for a cuddle? I do it, if I really feel like one. We are humans we need human interaction and what better way then a hug? It's really nice, you should try it sometime :)

Also a hug is a great way to show someone your support or that you appreciate them a lot. 
I am sure we all know that awkward moment when you have a conversation with a friend and they start to cry and you are not sure if you should hug them. That moment only last for a couple of seconds and then you mostly do it but why do we even have to think about it? It is so comforting we shouldn't feel awkward for offering it.

So maybe today we can just all hug a good friend that tiny bit tighter and tell them that we care for them. 
It would be a sweet gesture and I am sure it would be a much appreciated one :)
Don't think about it too much, just do it!

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment