1 May 2013

This Song



While I was working today they were playing this song on the radio and I just thought: I know that feeling. I felt that exact same way not long ago. But then listening closely to it I heard it was about a man and a women who are each others mirrors:



Aren't you somethin' to admire, cause your shine is somethin' like a mirror
And I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine
If you ever feel alone and the glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I'm always parallell on the other side

Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass, I'll be tryin' to pull you through
You just gotta be strong

Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold
Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along
It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me
And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me

Aren't you somethin', an original, cause it doesn't seem merely assembled
And I can't help but stare cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes
I can't ever change without you, you reflect me, I love that about you
And if I could, I would look at us all the time

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow's a mystery
I can see you lookin' back at me
Keep your eyes on me
Baby, keep your eyes on me

Baby you're the inspiration for this precious song
And I just wanna see your face light up since you put me on
So now I say goodbye to the old me, it's already gone
And I can't wait wait wait wait wait to get you home
Just to let you know, you are

You are you are the love of my life

Girl you're my reflection, all I see is you
My reflection, in everything I do
You're my reflection and all I see is you
My reflection, in everything I do









But I would like to write about how I understood that song at first. In a way everyone has his own way of listening to a song and making it his own.  That's what I'm trying to do with this blog: showing you how i see things, hear things and feel things.
So this is the way I conveyed it to my life.
It's that feeling when you look at yourself and think wow that’s me and at the same time it isn’t. I lived in New Zealand for one year. I took a year off from my normal life to try finding myself. So I could look in the mirror and say that’s me, but I didn't know that back then.

Before I left I always tried to be how everyone wanted me to be. I tried to please everybody and completely forgot about myself. I hadn’t learned to stand up for myself or to take care of myself. At times I was pretty miserable but didn’t even know it cause I had no idea how being happy really felt. I didn’t know what it meant to truly be yourself. So I had a lot to learn without even being aware of it.

After I got to New Zealand I realized that no one had any expectations on me. I was a complete stranger to all the people I met which made it kinda refreshing but also gave me a chance to try new things. I had found a place where I could be whoever I wanted to be and no one would know it wasn’t the real me, but it also gave me the opportunity to be the real me. Something I had never quite been before. So that side of me, that side that really showed who I am, was something I had never experienced before. I basically had no idea what ‘me’ meant.

So I tried a couple of things and soon figured out that being me isn’t something that always is the same. Being who you are is something that changes throughout the situations you get yourself into. I learned that it was okay to freak out from time to time, that I could be as crazy as I wanted to be and people still accepted me. Because you have to be reckless now and then to be self-balanced. And as the year was going by I learned to stand up for myself. To defend the space that I needed to fully expand myself. Not everybody had to like me so I was happy and the people who really care about you like you no matter how you behave. Another thing that I learned is that I was lovable the way I am, probably the most important thing I figured out there.

Which brings me back to the song cause I felt exactly like it is said in that song : Just put your hand on the glass, I'll be tryin' to pull you through you just gotta be strong.  There was this other side of me that I couldn’t get to. I had to be strong so it could get through to the surface.Which wasn't always easy but every minute of it was worth it cause seing the person that came out of it makes me happy. The person that came out of it is someone I can be proud of.

That we're making two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me

I took those two parts of me that I had no idea even existed and transformed them into the person I am today. I can now look in the mirror and say: Yes that is a 100% me and no one else.


Because how can other people love you if you don’t even love yourself?

So to everybody out there who reads this: I know it's hard and there will be people who can't accept the way you are, but only if you are true to yourself can you be truly happy. And you will emanate balance which I think makes people really sexy. It kinda gives them some sort of glow that makes them really beautiful.



So be yourself and be enchanting :)


x
J. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment