5 May 2013

Real Beauty

Today it's all about beauty :) And first of all: I don't think that this is just a problem women have I think everybody knows the feeling of not being happy with the way they look. It's only human but I guess there has to be a line we shouldn't cross as to how unattractive we think we look. Because at some point it gets unhealthy and than we start loosing control and most of all self-confidence. And self-confidence is something that is so important. 
In my opinion if you don't have any self-awareness that is exactly would you emanate. And even if you are really pretty but think of yourself as someone who is ugly people will precieve your beauty a lot less.
It's a video I saw online that got me thinking about this. I know some might think now: she only ever blogs about videos on youtube, but I don't. At least I don't just post them to entertain you but because I actualy think that we can somehow learn something from them. Or that at least I did and that I wanted to share the thoughts I had with you, so maybe you guys might get something out of watching and reading this, too. 
So here it goes :

 I mean of course  I knew women are self-critical honestly who doesn't ? lol
What I didn't expect was for it to be that bad. Do we really think we look thaaat bad? I mean common none of these women really looked as unattractive as they made themselves look like. It was quite interesting to see how different the two sketches were. Not even the ones where the women got descirbed by strangers where acurate, but at least they got fairly close. 
So what this video proved to me is that we should not be that self-critical with ourselves or we don't even have to be, if you wanna go that far. We should enjoy what we have because others don't look at us through our eyes. They don't know that our mother told us we have the family nose (which might be a snub nose) and they don't care if we think that we have to many wrinkles around our mouth when we laugh. They don't see all the mistakes that we apparently have (according to ourselves).Every new person that we meet has her own way of seing us. 
So to all the women out there:
 Cheer up ladies we really do look pretty even when we can't see it for ourselves. So if someone tells you you are beautiful don't think about all the thinks that you don't like about yourself just thank them.
We should enjoy ourselves only than can we be truly beautiful. 


I mean I can only speek for myself now but I'm not always happy with the way I look. I have days on which I find myself staring at the mirror thinking: todays one of those days where you just shouldn't leave the house :) It happens. I don't like everything about myself, but since I can't change it why complain about it non stop and make myself feel miserable?


x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment