19 May 2013

Moving out

Moving out. A big deal? I don't know, for me it was the inevitable thing to happen after I came back from New Zealand.
I had practically lived on my own for a year, I say it like this cause I mean I was living with host parents but that's not comparable to living with your parents. And after I knew how it was to live alone, moving back in with my parents was so weird. Having them round all day felt like I was constantly being watched and I started to fall back into old habits. I didn't want to be that person anymore, the person I was before I went to New Zealand but I cought myself doing stuff the old me would have done. And aside from that I just couldn't be around my parents 24/7 anymore I had lived without it for a whole year, it was nothing I could just go back to. And I mean I lived without even being able to call them whenever I wanted. There were times when we didn't talk for like 2 months and I would just send an E-mail saying I was okay every two weeks.
So living with them was strange and I just wasn't able to do that anymore. I got back in late July last year and moved back out on 1. September. So I was with my parents for a month but even in that time I was on holiday for a week and than started going back and forth between the city that I live in now and home looking for a flat. So I wasn't really home that much in August. And that was exactly the way I needed it, I would have gone mad if it had been any other way. I mean I love my mum and my dad and most of the time even my sister but I didn't need them anymore the way I needed them before going away. We still are close and I talk to my mum on the phone for hours sometimes and that is really cool, I love having them here but being back in the hosue I grew up in still feels strange in some way. It feels like I don't belong there anymore and the village I grew up in is really small so compared to the city I know live in it's tiny. It's cool to have them visit me cause this is my place now and I can't really describe the difference between having them here and visiting them but it feels right if they come visit me. I mean yes occasionally I go home cause my grandma also lives there and she can't travel that easily but that happens like once in 2 months or something like that. 
I love living on my own goign to University, organising my days and going food shopping for myself. Yes it took me a while till I had that all figured out but now that I do this is my home. I have my friends here, my flatmates, my room and my life.
The only thing I really regret about moving out is not having thought of this:
(It's such an amazing idea next time I move out im totally gonna do it)





I got that video from their channel on youtube. It's called Jacksgap. They do a lot of fun stuff so if you have some spare time on your hands go check them out :)


x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment