9 July 2014

Zoeva Brushes and Nail Polishes




Over the last couple of months I have been investing money in some quality makeup since my skin has become a bit difficult with certain products.
In addition to quality makeup I thought it was time to get myself some proper brushes. I thought my makeup was finally deserving of good brushes. Great excuse there :D
After having owned a fair view cheap brushes I was wary of just going for the least expensive option and actually started looking for quality brushes.
I know there is always the option of going Real Techniques and don't get me wrong I love their brushes and have a fair view but they are just really hard to get here in Germany. Which sucks, since when you actually get them they are quite a bit more expensive then they would be in the UK.
So I have been looking for brushes that were easily available and had the same quality as Real Techniques brushes.

I did my research and came across Zoeva.  They don't only do brushes but also various different makeup things.
I had only read about there brushes, but after being very satisfied with those I am more than willing to give their other products a go.
Maybe next month :)

The Zoeva brushes vary between natural-synthetic hair mix and synthetic hair. They are super soft and makeup appliance is perfect. Especially with eyeshadow the Zoeva brushes do a great job at blending and applying it. They do pick up the product perfectly and you get a great outcome.
And they ship worldwide: Wehe!!! :D



142 - concealer buffer
106 - powder
128 - cream cheek

I do have more but those are the clean new ones that I just got.

On to nail polishes shall we?
So besides buying new brushes I have also rediscovered my love for nail polish. I didn't use it that often over the last 2 years, so I had to throw away most of my older ones. This was a great opportunity to by new shades and obviously also get some that were a bit more grown up. The ones I had before were a bit crazy and just nothing I would wear now.
I have really gotten into nudes, creamy shades and light pinks recently, not only nail polish wise but also clothes and accessories wise.
It shouldn't come as a surprise than that my nail polishes that I got fit that theme :)


Dior - Muguet 108
L'Oréal - Boudoir Rose 204
Artdeco - 610

I bought the Artdeco and the Dior nail polish almost in the same shade since I wanted to see how much different they were because of their price.  Eventually telling me if it was worth investing a bit more money in viewer shades or just buy a wide range of shades of cheaper polishes. 

I am still wearing the Dior one, which I love by the way. And you only need 2 coats which is great because I am lazy with applying nail polish and waiting till it is dry :D So yeah! 
As soon as I know which one I like better I will let you know :)

But I think all of these colours are great for summer if you want to keep your nail polish quite simple. I do occasionally like a strong red on my nails but I always feel like that limits my choice of outfit. Maybe that is just me! I feel like especially the Dior and Artdeco nail polish can be worn with almost everything. They even work quite well with a lovely dress for a garden party or you could wear them for a festival, I don't think they really limit your choices. 

x
J.



No comments:

Post a Comment