5 September 2013

Throwback Thursday - Funfair


Hi everyone :)

I am just going to take a wild guess here and say all of you have been to a funfair at some point in their childhood. If not I truly am sorry for you and you should make good for it like right now! Go to the next funfair because I can tell you my friend: You have been missing out on something big :).

I used to go with my grandma, sister and cousin every year and as soon as I was old enough to go by myself I did that. 
I am obsessed with these things and get way to excited over them as well.

Now I have no idea how I managed to live in Augsburg for a whole year and not go to the funfair that is called 'Plärrer' that we have here. 
This week was the third time they have had it since I live here and I finally managed to go with my flatmate who had never been before either (I feel like I should address the fact that he has been living here a whole lot longer than I have hahaSo shame on both of us)

Basically this funfair is a little 'Oktober Fest' but since I don't drink alcohol I just took part in eating loads of sweet stuff and candy floss :)

I kind of regret not having one of these lollies but I got to a point were eating more sweet stuff just wasn't an option anymore, sadly :D

I was so excited to go on the Ferris wheel that by the time we got there my flatmate was annoyed enough with me to promise he would go on it with me. I literally felt like I was 10 again and he and his friend probably thought I was some crazy person but that is fine with me haha.




our view from the Ferris wheel :) The green thing was some water ride but no one wanted to go on it with me :(
At one point I felt like I was enjoying the whole thing way to much for a 21 year old but I then got told that that is just who I am and they like me like that so I was fine with it :) I was probably the reason both my flatmate and his friend had so much fun because me squealing like a child over candy floss must have been pretty entertaining. Funfairs are just so amazing I couldn't contain myself.




We also had some real food to eat and didn't just live off candy floss, chocolate fruits and sweets.

this pizza was actually really good for funfair food



I enjoyed myself very much and would really love to go back but I am going home tomorrow and I'm off to New Zealand on Monday, so no more funfair for me. But hey New Zealand is even better :)
Although packing has been a nightmare so far :D

that is the space I have left

and that is all the stuff that still has to go in there
I think I'm starting all over again after this post goes up :)
Wish me luck :)

x
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment