19 September 2013

The Things I love/miss about New Zealand II

Hi everyone :)

I thought I could make this a little series while I am here in New Zealand, since there really is a lot of things that I missed while I was in Germany.
One of these things being the beauty of this place. It is breathtaking!



I took a walk around Wellington yesterday because it was a glorious day and really warm as well. 




I walked along the Waterfront and passed some of my favourite spots in Wellington. The harbor as a great place for a walk on a beautiful day and I enjoyed every minute of my nearly 2 hour walk from Thorndon along the Waterfront to Oriental Bay.



Writers Walk

They have this thing called the 'Writer's Walk' along the waterfront, which basically is a lot of quotes from novels or poems on concrete slabs, like the one above. I have written all of these more then once but it never seems to get old :)




I have walked along the Waterfront so many times while I lived in Wellington but I still love it and am surprised by who different it looks depending on when you go. I have been there at night, while it was raining, in the morning, at sunset and in bright daylight. In the summer, in winter and with snow and it never looked the same. There is always new things to discover.



I don't know why it is but this walk never gets boring. If you look closely and pay attention to the small things you will never be able to see it all. There will be new things to spot each time.




So keep your eyes open for the beauty of this life because really it is the small things that make our life interesting. And I don't know if I could find it as easy as I do here in Augsburg, but I promised myself I would try and then maybe, just maybe I will not miss Wellington as much by the time I'm back in Germany.


x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment