21 September 2013

The Things I miss/love about New Zealand IV



Hi everyone :)

I'm starting to wonder if this greeting gets a little old... let me know? 
So far I have been enjoying myself like a little kid in a candy shop on this trip and to be quite honest I'm already thinking about coming back again. Maybe next year? I will have to ask what my bank account thinks about this though :D

On Sunday me and my friend decided that it would be nice to go on a little road trip because the weather was fairly nice and the drive to Martinborough gives you a beautiful view over the scenery as you drive through the Rimutakas (it's a mountain range that separates Wellington from the Wairarapa). It is a gorgeous journey on a sunny day which sadly it wasn't, at least not on our way to Martinborough :D

this is the weather when we left Welington

Not that glorious but at least it was not raining yet. I say yet because literally as soon as we were to far gone to turn around it started :D




By the time we got to Martinborough the weather had turned from okay to completely grey and it was cold. So we only really went for lunch and walked around the town center, which kinda just looks like a big round about haha. 

I love these colonial style houses that they have in new Zealand






This shop was to cute and I love the bike idea instead of a boring old sign on the door that says: open!


If anyone knows what this means let me know. We could not figure it out :D And no it is not above the entrance to a car park. Behind this door actually is a pub garden :)

After we sat inside, had lunch and felt slightly warmer our brains seemed to be able to come up with one creative answer though. 
We thought that this sign means that you can park your husband at the pub while you go shopping? Reasonable idea? Any other thoughts? 

note the giraffe on the drink. Makes the long even longer ;)



This picture just shows how practical New Zealander's are, growing beetroot and parsley in a park instead of flowers. Yeah I don't get it to be honest :D

On our way back the weather decided to be typical New Zealand and was amazing, so we actually did get to see a bit of the Rimutaka's. Obviously I can't withhold those pictures as the view was incredible. And I'm kind of running out of words to do it justice. Just look at the pictures and see for yourself.




the Rimutaka Hill Road gives you an amazing view over the hills but I feel sick every time I go up or down.


this is New Zealand at it's best

If you are a fan of nature and you ever get the chance to go to New Zealand I'm telling you that you are a complete idiot if you don't do it.

what would a blog post be without at least one picture of me doing childish stuff



x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment