14 September 2013

Come Prima

Hi everyone :)

On my last weekend at home before I was going away to New Zealand my mum and dad both decided that it would be really nice to revive old Sunday lunch traditions.
Back when both my sister and I were still living at home we used to go out for lunch every Sunday as a family tradition.
So now whenever one of us is home visiting our parents love to take up the opportunity to pick up our tradition.
This time it was my turn and we decided to go to a restaurant called Come Prima just a short drive away from where my parents live.
They have landscapes drawn onto the walls that give a kind of Mediterranean vibe and storing their red wine in the dining area finishes of that feeling.




They make traditional Italian food and have a huge menu. So choosing something from over 50 dishes was incredibly difficult for me. I can't handle deciding on something if there are too many options, I tend to tell whoever I'm with to decide, after I have named three dishes :D
So in the end either my mum or dad, I can't remember who, came to the conclusion that I would be having tagliatelle hawaii which consisted of tagliatelle with a curry sauce, chicken, pineapple and parmesan.




It was heavenly. So thanks mum and dad for choosing this great dish for me although all it looks like is yellow pasta :D

Both my mum and dad had settled for a salad as a starter.

their decorations on the table itself were not as great though. Hints the utterly tacky Italian butterfly haha

For mains my dad went for something that was equally as delicious as what I had but had a name that I can not remember.


also you can tell it's my dad because of the way he holds his knife and fork :D Which I think is really funny


My mum went for the classic but nonetheless tasty option and had pizza. You gotta love a good pizza :)




It was a great meal that I thoroughly enjoyed and I even got to take a silly picture of my mum that she allowed me to upload on here :)




Yes she did have grappa which they give you for free after your meal but that is not the reason she looks like she does in this picture!


Now you at least know where I got it from :D

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment