7 September 2013

The Adventure Ahead

Hi everyone :)

Just one day left and then I will hop on a plane and fly off to New Zealand. This is what I have been waiting for, for a whole year.
I got a job only to be able to pay for my plane ticket and the three weeks that I will be spending in New Zealand catching up with people and hanging out with all the amazing friends that I sadly couldn't take to Germany with me. 

A whole year of saving money has finally lead to this and I couldn't be more excited to board that plane and start the adventure New Zealand 2013, I really hope it's been missing me as bad as I have been missing it.

Also as of this very moment I am able to say that everything is packed and ready. 
I got the last bits and pieces that I needed today and repacked my suitcase for what feels like the 50th time. 
I'm really happy that my dad allowed me to take his camera on the trip so I will now at least technically be able to take great pictures :D As long as my eyes don't fail me I will try and provide you with as many picture updates from my trip as I can.
That is also where I address the elephant in the room: What will happen to this platform here? What will happen to the blog?
Well I will obviously try to upload post as much as I can but I simply don't know when that will be, as the internet in New zealand can be a bit difficult from time to time. But even if I have to sit in a McDonalds for half a day just to upload post I will most definitely do that because I really enjoy writing posts. 
So don't fret there will be post now and then just not as regularly as they are now. And most certainly not daily. But I will try my best :)
And there will not be any posts on Monday or Tuesday since my journey to Wellington starts on Monday (9.9.'13) morning at 7 am and ends in New Zealand on Wednesday (11.9.'13) at 5 pm.
Also I have a stopover in Hong Kong for like 10 hours so if anyone knows something for me to do for 10 hours at the airport tweet me or write a comment because I am desperate to know. 

So after struggling with my suitcase and the broken washing machine that wouldn't allow me to wash my clothes that I needed for the trip I am now all set :)
My flatmate was luckily able to fix the washer and my washing ended up being dry at 1 am on Friday morning which resulted in me going to bed at 3 am after I had finished packing and managed to close my suitcase after jumping around on it. It just is way to small. Like I am allowed to take 30 kg of luggage with me but my suitcase is so ridiculously small that it now weighs 17 kg. 
I had to leave shoes at home. Shoes!

I guess I'll survive :D 
So tomorrow is my last full day in Germany and the last you will hear of me till Wednesday :)

x
J.




No comments:

Post a Comment