13 September 2013

Kapiti Coast


 Hi everyone :)

Today was the first real day in New Zealand as you can't count yesterday since I was feeling really bad and couldn't really do much. I actually fell asleep at like 9 pm last night as I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore :)

Today a great friend came over to pick me up. I got to know him through one of my former AuPair coworkers who I was great friends with already. One time she took me to meet her native friends and Jordan was one of them. We clicked instantly and he is actually the friend I was talking about in my blog post about friends, a view days back. 
He was originally supposed to pick me up from the airport but since that did not really work out for obvious reasons we hung out today.
I was really looking forward to meeting him again and it was better then I expected it to be. We literally picked our conversation up where we left of a year ago. 
I did not know where we were going because he wouldn't tell me beforehand so I was really excited to see where he'd take me. 
First we went to a little book store. It was really cute and I loved the smell of it. I know that might sound a bit strange but I'm sure you all know the smell of books. No? Ever been to a library? That is what I am talking about. 
At the book store they sold like used books and really old storybooks that were beautifully illustrated. I would have loved to buy one but they were really heavy so there was no way I could have taken them back with me :(

We then went on to go to the beach quite close to where I used to live before I moved to Wellington. It was a bit emotional for me but Jordan didn't fail to cheer me up again.




At this point the gorgeous sunny day had already turned into a bit of a windy day that was slightly cold but it did not rain :D



I swear I did not try to look like a tiger I was only trying to prevent myself from falling of :D


this was a piece of wood that had washed up on the beach


Somehow we thought doing this was a great idea just seconds later it turned out not to be so great because I nearly fell off when the tide came in :D



 On our way back we drove up a hill road to avoid the highway and traffic. This is the amazing view we got 

the island in the background is Kapiti Island. It also is why this part of the coast is named Kapiti Coast.
the mountains you can see at the horizon is actually the south island of New Zealand. You can only see it on really clear days s we were really lucky to get a glimpse of it. 
more pictures to come tomorrow :)

x
J.



No comments:

Post a Comment