20 September 2013

The Things I love/miss about New Zealand III

Hi everyone and welcome back :)

 I have been getting better again with updating you guys. Probably because today is not the best of days :) It is pretty cold and windy and grey but nevertheless a day that I really enjoyed. If not for meeting up with Stace for coffee then for getting more New Zealand food that I have missed :D

There just are some things that you can get here that you can't in Germany and they have been missed let me tell you that. Things like chocolate and smoothies and crêpes and other stuff.

I have made a list of the things I was able to have already but there are more to come, if I actually manage to eat them all :D
And if you ever get the chance to come to Wellington you should definitely try all of these things :)

First of are the things I bought when I went grocery shopping on the second day of my stay here.


This might seem a bit strange to people but yes I did by porridge :D Uncle Toby's is the best because it not just is porridge but you can get it with different tastes. My favourite is the one with cinnamon it is heavenly and I know that I am quite possibly the only person who can get this excited for porridge :)
The fruit sticks things are probably as childish but they are quite simply something that you get attached to as an AuPair. No matter how old the kids are that you look after they will all be loving these fruit stick things. So whenever you go to the park with them or somewhere that is not the house you will take these fruit things along. If your kids then get hungry you have something for them to eat but it also works on yourselves. I have no idea how many of these I actually ate during my year in New Zealand but I would agree on a lot.
And of course who could forget about the chocolate. I am not the biggest fan of the chocolate over here but the green one is really good. I like after eight but it`s taste is a bit strong and the bubbly mint chocolate is just a tiny bit sweeter. As for the peanut butter chocolate I can only say that you have to try it. This chocolate is literally the best chocolate in the world. It is dark and filled with creamy peanut butter, delicious.



Another thing that I have been craving really bad for a whole year is these amazing shakes from Wendy's. They are amazing and there really isn't much else to say :D





Oh and here comes probably the only healthy thing that I have sorely missed.




These are really delicious and healthy smoothies. I usually have something with berries but they do all kinds of things. You should try one if you ever get the chance :)


And the last thing, that I could probably get in France as well if I wanted, is this:




Yes you heard right: It is crêpes. And really really really good ones which are also made by real French people. So if you ever crave a crêpe in Wellington this is the place to go and if you accept your crêpe with a merci they will be very happy :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment