11 May 2014

Mother's Day

Hi everyone :)

I don't know if it is Mother's Day for everyone today but in Germany at least it is. And isn't it weird that we only really think about what our mum's went through to get us where we are on Mother's Day? It's a weird concept that.
I mean they went through 17 hours of labour for us. You don't just do that for anyone.
They put up with our tantrums, with us ignoring them and sometimes even thinking we hated them.
We have this connection with our mothers that we never loose and even when we move out they are still part of us. Quite a big part for me. My mum has thought me most of what I know. She has held my hand through the rough patches and was the first person I saw when I woke up in hospital after my car accident. Let me tell you that was the best day of my life, not literally but you know.
They are there for everything all the ups and downs and they never give up on us even if we have.

We should all be really grateful for that! I know I am.
My mum means so much to me and everything she has done for me. I know for sure I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for her. Her trust in me making my own choices but also her hugs and kind words when things did go wrong. I love her for letting me make my own mistakes and not telling me: I told you so, afterwards even though she knew all along.
This is what we really need to say to our mums:



One giant big Thank You paired with an enormous hug :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment