15 May 2014

Lolly Lolly Lolly

Hi everyone :)

As you might all be very well aware of: I am studying English as my major. That means I have to get a lot of grammar stuff into my head that isn't necessarily always fun.
However our grammar teacher this semester is freakin' hilarious.
She is from America yet somehow doesn't sound like an American at all. Probably due to the fact that she has also lived in South Africa and England. But there are these rare moments where she blurts out stuff like: Giiiiiirl you did that good. And it is the most hilarious thing you will ever hear.
So for this weeks lecture she brought a little clip along as it fit what we were learning that week. Adverbs granted not the most amazing thing and not really blog worthy, but the clip she showed us is. Trust me on this one.
So basically she said that these clips are basically what here secondary school teachers used to get their kids to learn grammar.
And I have never laughed so hard in my life. It is horrendously cute and confusing and disturbing at the same time.

Just watch it :)



The lecture was on Wednesday and I am still humming this song at work and can't get it out of my head. It is addictive :D
A really catchy tune. I haven't managed to forget about it yet. Still waiting for the time that I don't wake up and feel like singing 'Lolly Lolly Lolly get your adverbs here'. It is kind of creepy :D
I wish our English teachers would have been this creative in school. Maybe we would ahve been a bit more willing to learn stuff.

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment