7 March 2014

Getting Old(er) :D

Hi everyone :)

I am getting old or at least it seems that way.
Just recently I have taken up tutoring my bosses grandchildren and as it turns out I have no clue as to what is in anymore :D
Or so I have learned.
And 8 year olds are a lot different now from when I was 8.
Only thing that seems to be the same are the books they read and I realized how long it has been since I read on of those.

Take Goldilocks as an example. Great book and very artsy illustrated, I used to love it when I was younger but I haven’t touched that book since I was about 5 or something.
I am actually trying to find the copy we had at home, it is my mission for the next week I am spending at home.
So since I have rediscovered all these books I have been going absolutely nuts in the kids books section and have gone on a mad hunt to find all the ones I used to read when I was little. Or the ones that my parents read to me for that matter. I am not the biggest fan of these new really fancy kids books and am more of a fan of the classic older ones.

I am going to do it like my mum did! She kept all her old books that she loved and gave them to us when we were old enough to read them. 
Sadly my parents sold most of our old books or they were given to some cousins or something, so I am now trying to buy all the books I used to love so much as a kid so I can save them for my kids to read. 

Moral of the story: Don’t sell your favorite books every as they might go away and then all you are left with is telling others about it but they will never be able to enjoy it. 

x

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment