22 March 2014

Bullying Tag 2

Hi everyone :)

I wrote a blog post on Thursday that was very dear to my heart and actually took a lot of courage on my part to even publish. If you haven't read it yet, this won't make much sense so here is a link.

Since I uploaded this post 2 days ago I have felt really relieved like I had gained some sort of closure from it. And I really think I did, getting it out there and more importantly finally getting it of my chest felt amazing. 
I have never really talked with anyone about it before because I am not that kind of person, like I said, I don't trust people easily, you have to really work hard to earn that kind of trust with me. So doing this kind of anonymously over the internet has been the best way to go about it for me. and also added the fact that I am far better with words when I am writing them down than I am with articulating them. 
Don't know exactly when that became a thing since I am fairly certain it has always been that way, even when I was younger I used to write my parents letters announcing things I was unhappy about. 

But back in topic here: So since I have posted this blog post I have had such a great responding to it. So many people have sent me messages saying that something similar happened to them or that they are so happy that they got the chance to meet the person that has come out of such a horrible situation. One person eve said that they were happy I could come out so much stronger as they admired that part of me. 
I also talked to people who knew me before that all happened and this might yet be the strangest response I had to this post but they said that I am far happier now than I was before.
I would never say that I am glad it happened because I don't wish that to anyone not even to my biggest enemy let alone my younger self. But I have grown to accept that being bullied was what made me who I am today and I am grateful for that. 
I am a very happy person now, I am confident enough to stand up for myself and for others and I don't know I was like that if I wouldn't have been challenged in this way.

Still no fan of bullying and I still am convinced that we really need to do something against it but I guess what I am trying to say with this is firstly: Thank you for the great response. For all the lovely messages and comments I have gotten even if it was just to say: Wow I couldn't do that. And secondly I am trying to show all of you who it might happen to now: You will get through and you will come out of it so much stronger if you don't give up. Stand up for yourself you are worth it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This is also the reason I didn't blog yesterday cause I wasn't ready for a response yet. I was still trying to figure out how to react to the reaction I had gotten.
But I am happy with this post now and will actually upload it :D

Be nice to people everyone, because all of you deserve to be treated nicely as well!

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment