20 February 2014

My Home "Town"

 Hi everyone :)

All of you that follow my Twitter and Instagram will already know that I am at my parents for the weekend.
So I thought since I already showed you the town I live in now (Augsburg) why not do the same thing with the village I grew up in?
It was a gorgeous day today and really warm as well, so I took my camera on a little adventure.
I can already tell that there will be loads of pictures in this post, I hope you enjoy them :)


I grew up in quite a small village, with about 1800 people living here. It's quite homey and everyone knows everyone. You literally can't keep anything secret cause the Granny- Talk gets it all. They are faster than E-Mails I swear :D
My Nan probably being the worst of them all or maybe that is what everybody thinks about their Nan, they just love to gossip. It's really weird :)


these don't look human

I live in the kind of village where we still have sheep and you actually find hoof prints in the mud.
We have always been out and about when I was younger and my Nan would take us on much hated walks every Sunday. I say much hated because back then they were, now I really do appreciate what my Nan and my Grandpa tried to do.




For me there is nothing better than to actually spend some time outside on a day like this and I am pretty sure that I have to thank my Nan and Granddad for that.
So today, in honor of their persuasiveness, I walked through the forest on the same path I used with them.



I have not been anywhere near these woods in over a year and it was amazing to be back. I had almost forgotten what it smelled like out there. That musky, earthy smell in a forest and the way the water of a stream murmurs it's way through the fields is something truly relaxing.




When I was about 8 or 9 my Nan took our Easter celebrations to the forest and hid all of our presents in undergrowth or hung it up in trees. It was the best Easter egg hunt you could wish for as a child. However there still is a watch somewhere out there that has never been found!


This is the Black Forest at it's finest. 



I even found a perch. Although I am not sure about the second one :D

don't think that's very save :P



Doesn't the left picture look a bit like a shark? Or maybe I have just had to much fresh air and am hallucinating :D



I enjoyed myself so much today, although you could clearly tell I haven't done this in a while as I though wearing new boots would be a great idea. Don't do it people !!!! :D

So if there is a forest or open fields anywhere near where you live why not go on a little exploring adventure next time the sun shows it's face?
Also while you are at it why don't you just try the whole closing your eyes and listening to the music of nature thing as well? I took the time today and I can tell you that you'll be surprised by how good you actually hear. It starts of with the obvious things like water sounds and birds and stuff but it get so much more intense once you have been doing it for more then 5 minutes. 
If you have no idea why I am on about you can read it here.

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment