16 February 2014

A different kind of Music

Hi everyone :)

I am absolutely in love with music. Music is something truly beautiful and comes in all kind of forms and shapes. It is always fun to look around for new artists or amazingly creative people that are trying to redefine the way we experience music.
Like this guy:


When I first saw this I was intrigued to say the least. I know this video doesn't show the whole song but I can tell you the complete one is even better. I have listened to it... I don't know how many times it's that good. Yes it is only acoustic for those who were wondering :)

You can get 'Bespoken' on Itunes and I am telling you it is worth it's money, promise!
I thought it was incredible how you can make a whole song only from little noises a bike makes, things that we here every day but don't pay attention to. 
Because even if we are out in the forest and enjoy how quite it is, it actually isn't. Have you ever just stood in the middle of an open field and closed your eyes? Give it half a minute and you will here how loud it really is. 
Nature has it's own music and so have things we don't pay attention to in our daily lives.
Have you seen the movie August Rush? It's about the same thing and if you have a heart for music you should definitely watch it. I will link you the trailer at the end, it's a beautiful movie and really powerful.

These sounds that we miss are a bit like the background music in movies. We don't really realize it is there until someone takes it away. I have watched so many great movies and then bought the soundtrack because of a song I really liked form it. After listening to the whole CD and watching the movie again I got to see a whole new side of it. 
It's the small things in life that are worth paying attention to!
And if you have never done that field thing you should try it sometime, or even go to the forest and do it there. It's unbelievable how many things we miss!

x
J.



August Rush: Trailer
Johnny Random: Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such kind words regarding my music. I'm glad that you've enjoyed "Bespoken" and understand the takeaway message: Awareness of your surroundings. There is a whole universe of beauty all around us waiting to be explored if you're willing.

    Best,

    JR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read this :) Really means a lot!

      Delete