7 December 2013

The Dilemma that is Men

Hi everyone :)

Men.. yeah confusing thing that!
You either have no one or you have to many at least that is what I have come to realise. 
And men are weird when it comes to things like that, that's what I've noticed.

So a couple of weeks ago I kind of might have complained that I had no man in my life not even for just some sexual favors. Okay just to be clear here: I am not that superficial but lets be honest for just a second here and admit that we all like to get a bit more attention from the opposite sex from time to time. 
And I don't only mean sex with that. Just a hug from someone who really seems to be enjoying your company can be enough to last you for weeks. 
I am a very physical person and do love to cuddle or hug for that matter. Over the last couple of weeks I kind of lost my source of weekly cuddles and started to miss it. That added to the fact that I didn't really have any 'action' for months was starting to make me feel lonely. Which I normally don't mind but it is getting colder outside and somehow that always turns me into a needy mess. Don't ask me why that is just a fact!
So I complained about it to M. and my mum, who thinks I am overdue for a boyfriend anyway. By now I am starting to regret I ever said anything because things have kind of gotten out of hand. Or at least a bit confusing and I have had more then one awkward moment as a result of it. 

Basically what happened is this: One minute you have no one and then there suddenly is a collection of people that seem to be interested. 
It all started of fairly harmless with me getting to know one of my flat mates friends and we really got along well. We met at the party we had at our place and had a great time. By the time we were about to wrap the party up he wanted to sleep at our place. Now a lot of other people were as well and P. kind of started joking that he would just rent out my bed and I said something along the lines of me not wanting to share my bed with anyone. That did not include the cute guy I had gotten along so well with though. Sadly he didn't get the memo and went home. 
I didn't think much of it since I figured if he really wanted to get to know me he would eventually come around. 
I had a bit of a butterfly feeling the next day which was amazing. I don't know, I just love that and it hasn't happened since my ex boyfriend in New Zealand. 
There wasn't much at that moment I could do about the situation so I just enjoyed the feeling and hoped I would see him again eventually. And that is exactly where things started to get a bit weird.
Because on that exact same weekend I got a message from a guy I have know for about a year but hadn't heard from in a while. We had been flirting a lot before we kind of just stopped talking and we got along very well. 

At first we just talked a bit about what we had missed but it soon was like we had never stopped messaging each other and things became flirty again.
So I invited him over during the week with clear intentions on both parts. Turns out that P. (my flat mate for those of you who didn't know) had invited the guy from the flat party over the same night. We shall call him Peter and the guy that I had been flirting with Thomas (these are not actually their names just in case... :P).
So I found out that P. hat invited Peter over the same evening/night I had made plans with Thomas. I kind of hoped I wouldn't have to deal with both of them at the same time but Peter got to ours first and we got talking again. During that conversation we figured out the misunderstanding from the weeks before and it became clear that he would have loved to stay and that I didn't actually want him to leave.

Yeah not the best of things to say on my part but I fully blame it on the stupid butterflies.
Then Thomas arrived and things became weird really fast. I kind of ignored Peter for the most part but thinking back at it he did the same. Well all the while he was looking daggers at Thomas which didn't go unnoticed. 
That really made the whole thing extremely uncomfortable for me as Thomas saw it and asked me what Peter was about. 
....
It was not the most pleasant conversation I have had in my life, let me tell you! But seriously why do men have to be so territorial when they don't even have a right to be?
I mean he must have been really obvious about it although I didn't notice. But I guess the daggers weren't meant for me so....

And with all of that going on my friends have not been very helpful!
All the advice I got form my dear friend M. was: Try all of them and pick the yummiest. Really? Not helping at all and besides we are not talking about chocolate here :D
So that was a letdown :P But my godmother wasn't much of a help either she technically just told me to sit back and wait it out. 
But that is literally what I have been doing now and it is not getting me anywhere! 
Because if you just wait for things to happen then you are not really engaged in the whole thing and it progresses a lot slower. 
So I am still not any wiser and confused as ever as to what I should do or if I should even bother to do anything.
I just know this much: They are both absolutely my type and really nice. And just so you know they are both attractive as hell as well.
And my life just seems to hate me right now because whenever something happens they are always both there. 
I ran out of ideas and as much as I normally enjoy male attention right now it is just really exhausting. 
Decisions to make....

Anyone any tips? I am open for suggestions and please tell me that I am not the only one things like this happen to?
I mean it always seems to be like this: You either have no one or suddenly there is people wanting something from you everywhere.
Sometimes I think I should just stick with girls it seems a lot easier but then again I don't get along with girls. They are probably even more confusing to me :D

Help please? :)
I hope I could at least entertain you with the jokes my life is playing on me right now. I really think there is a person called life that has the biggest laugh about things like this. 

x
J.






2 comments:

  1. hun,
    i totally understand u :D and yes I had fun reading ur post and yes its tricky... but u r in a very lucky position! you can pick and chose :) just keep playing the game and enjoy the attention! and never forget, u deserve only the best. Cuddles, love and hugs. -ally-

    ReplyDelete