1 October 2013

A Walk through the Forest

Hi everyone :)

After I came back from New Zealand I spend a couple of days at home to cute my jet lag and catch up with my family. 
All of you probably have these rituals with your parents mostly from back when you were little. Well the thing I always liked to do and now occasionally do whenever I am home is going for a nice long walk with my mum. Sharing the newest gossip, bitching about all the old ladies in our village that only keep complaining about their health as soon as they open their mouth and just generally catching up. So since last Friday was a nice day and I probably had the worst headache ever, spending a  bit of time outside seemed like a good idea. 
Recently my mum has really gotten into collecting mushrooms and is very good with telling them apart. She knows which ones are edible, poisonous or just not that tasty but technically edible, which is why we decided that we wanted to try to find some. It is the right time and the weather conditions over the last couple of days had been ideal and we were positive that we would find some. 
My mum had taken it into her head that she had to find a penny bun so we set off on our little mushroom collecting adventure.

At the beginning we only found poisonous ones which was very frustrating.

this one is called amanita and is deadly. The poison in it attacks the liver and in most cases by the time the poisoning is discovered it is to late
The whole forest was full with this particular mushroom but we found the so highly wanted penny bun as well. We even found more then one which made my mum very happy :)

here is the world famous penny bun :D

and that is my mums hand putting the mushrooms in order for a good picture because they can't pose on their own :D Her words not mine :P

These mushrooms taste really good if you make like an omelette with them, which is exactly what we did. Just clean them cut them up and add some whisked eggs: Ta-da done :D


We went out to find some more mushrooms on sunday and were equally as successful 






these smell like anise and are a type of champignon

You have to look out cause if this mushroom dosn't turn yellow when you squeeze it it's very likely to be a non edible one and poisonous as well. 

But we are still alive and ours did turn yellow :)


This looks like a lot to eat but what the actually portion left for eating looked like this :


It is the same plate by the way :D

So if you ever get the chance to go and collect mushrooms I really suggest you do because I sure had a lot of fun. Do go with someone who knows their stuff though cause I wouldn't want to be responsible for killing my readers!

x
J.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/10/13 03:09

    I love your blogs they are so inspiring keep writing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) comments like these are the reason I keep blogging <3

      Delete